SGI leadership misrepresents Nichiren's true Buddhism
R***@gmail.com
2008-07-24 18:50:56 UTC
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Kurt
2008-07-26 02:49:03 UTC
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Nice to see a fellow Myohoji member here. This is a pretty dead group
lately and pretty strange.

SGI don't even come here anymore, but stay in their moderated sites.
it's the dialogue thing :-)
juanjo
2008-07-29 07:06:28 UTC
Post by Kurt
--
They have become even more paranoid than usual. Recently a SGI member
in Houston died who was good friends with the Nichiren Shu minister

The result is that the Houston SGI leadership sent her and other
Nichiren Shu members in Houston registered letters accusing them of
attempting to recruit Soka Gakkai members and informing them that they
were not welcome to attend SGI functions or to enter the Houston
kaikan. Now the funeral was not at the kaikan nor was it a SGI
function. Of course no one was attempting to "recruit" SGI members
either at the funeral but it goes to show the level of desperation and
frustration among the SGI leadership in the USA as their numbers
continue to remain stagnant or drop in some areas while the there is a
thriving Nichiren community which has grown up around them.
Kurt
2008-07-29 14:42:07 UTC
In article
Post by juanjo
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Of course they'd do this.

On the other hand, they've stepped up their Soka Spirit militancy
considerably lately.

At more than a few large temple activities around the country, SGI has
sent youth out in force to harass members.

Two Sundays ago, we had our 2009 kick off meeting in West Hollywood.

Between 4 and 6AM, someone snuck around and filled al the temple
exterior locks with glue. Then, a stack of World Tribunes was left at
the doorstep of the chief priest's private gated apartment.

Then as he was leaving for the temple, 4 SGI, waiting in a car, leaped
out and accosted him verbally about how he slandered President Ikeda.

As the meeting started, a group of about 20 SGI in red t-shirts saying
SGIUSA assembled at a small dirt covered traffic triangle at the corner.
They had video cameras and were acting under the guise of "trash pickup
to help clean the city". 20 SGI for about 100 square feet of dirt.
They spent the entire duration of our general meeting there, trying to
have "dialogue" with our members. Positioning themselves there, they
would get people crossing the street. I went down the street just to see
it for myself.

We also recorded someone with a laptop and camera with a telephoto lense
sitting in car.

Pretty unbelievable.
b***@MIX.COM
2008-07-30 02:32:10 UTC
Post by Kurt
On the other hand, they've stepped up their Soka Spirit militancy
considerably lately.
At more than a few large temple activities around the country, SGI has
sent youth out in force to harass members.
Two Sundays ago, we had our 2009 kick off meeting in West Hollywood.
Between 4 and 6AM, someone snuck around and filled all the temple
[...]
Actually, it is not. It's the natural and expected result of mistaking
idol (Ikeda) worship for Buddhism. Further, it confirms how right Nikken
was in purging them from Nichiren Shoshu, and in removing their remnants
from Taiseki-ji.

Billy Y..
Kurt
2008-07-30 02:38:07 UTC
Post by b***@MIX.COM
Post by Kurt
[...]
The scary thing is that it's all young kids- teens and early 20s.
I could see that a few of the young ones were uncomfortable being there,
especially the girls, but there were a couple young guy leader types who
kept to to the forefront and were aggressive.
juanjo
2008-07-30 09:04:43 UTC
Post by Kurt
Post by Kurt
[...]
It is a sad thing to see. As time has gone on the SGI has not changed
at all. Their obsession over their split with the Nichiren Shoshu,
their blatant hypocrisy in ignoring the words of their own charter in
their attacks on other Nichiren Buddhist groups and the degree of poor
leadership exhibited by their own people are simply an embarrassment.
It is absurd that when ever I meet with other Buddhists or non-
Buddhists, I often find myself having to explain how I have no
association with the SGI not to mention how I have to explain that
most Nichiren Buddhists are not like them.
cmk
2008-08-22 18:37:49 UTC
Post by Kurt
Post by Kurt
[...]
To reply by email, remove the word "space"- Hide quoted text -
Scarey?

Its an educated gues to say the young women were uncomfortable around
any people they didn't know which is WHY the "young guy leader types"
were kept to the forefront.

Many youth division members are uncomfortable around anyone they don't
know.

cmk
cmk
2008-08-24 20:29:15 UTC
Post by Kurt
[...]
Billy Y..- Hide quoted text -
I don't "worship" anyone, I might appreciate someone's actions....

cmk
r***@mchsi.com
2008-08-02 00:03:52 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by juanjo
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Kurt,

You have this on video? Can you upload it to youtube?

Kurt
2008-08-02 02:27:32 UTC
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by juanjo
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
No video. Someone snapped a few pix. I took pictures of the group on the
corner (who mugged for the camera)
You still don't believe this happened?
j***@gmail.com
2008-08-02 16:25:38 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
<...>
Post by Kurt
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Kurt,
You have this on video? Can you upload it to youtube?
No video. Someone snapped a few pix. I took pictures of the group on the
corner (who mugged for the camera)
You still don't believe this happened?
To say they don't have it on video it is either a lie, or if in fact,
if they don't have it on video, they're still playing the game,
immaturely.

Jonjon
Kurt
2008-08-03 02:02:32 UTC
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Kurt
In article
<...>
Post by Kurt
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Kurt,
You have this on video? Can you upload it to youtube?
No video. Someone snapped a few pix. I took pictures of the group on the
corner (who mugged for the camera)
You still don't believe this happened?
To say they don't have it on video it is either a lie, or if in fact,
if they don't have it on video, they're still playing the game,
immaturely.
Jonjon
Who really cares? It is a game for SGI. Expending the energy to "prove
them" is even stupider. One of our temple members shot video of the SGI,
but would hate to have them make an effort to put it on YouTube.
I wouldn't ask them. We all know this happened and the SGI knows it was
documented by us.
You can bet corporate SGI is keeping quiet about this.
Better ways to use one's time. :-)
j***@gmail.com
2008-08-03 13:48:41 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Kurt
In article
<...>
Post by Kurt
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Kurt,
You have this on video? Can you upload it to youtube?
No video. Someone snapped a few pix. I took pictures of the group on the
corner (who mugged for the camera)
You still don't believe this happened?
To say they don't have it on video it is either a lie, or if in fact,
if they don't have it on video, they're still playing the game,
immaturely.
Jonjon
Who really cares? It is a game for SGI. Expending the energy to "prove
them" is even stupider. One of our temple members shot video of the SGI,
but would hate to have them make an effort to put it on YouTube.
I wouldn't ask them. We all know this happened and the SGI knows it was
documented by us.
You can bet corporate SGI is keeping quiet about this.
Better ways to use one's time. :-)
If you fight militancy with militancy, than one day, there won't be
any SGI. All the members will have jumped ship. It is in their
interests, that you have at heart, that you care about, that you want
to point out the truth of their organization to them. They can make
the learned decision after that as to what to do. Either correct it,
and get it corrected, or walk out, and bail from their group. You have
no mercy in your heart for them, if you think it is something you can
just sit back, ignore, and hope it will go away. Maybe they will grow
up, but it is unlikely that they will, given the nature of the Soka
Gakkai in Japan who they get their marching orders from.

You could make a video comedy, with their serious militancy,
juxtaposed to your baffled, unbelievable, or comical replies to make
the SGI members laugh at the idiocy of the militants. That might help
embarrass some of them, into stopping their wrongful behavior. And it
might also tell people, they don't want to be apart of that, any more.
Then they'll walk out, and bail from their organization, when the
timing is right for them. Anyway, if you just sit back, and take their
shots, and do nothing about it, there is just going to be a lot of
suffering for a lot of people. Especially, if it escalates, which it
eventually will, as there are people who are not rock solid steady in
their minds, and they will do things like become extremely hateful,
and then attempt to murder temple members who in their mind, they
blame all the problems of world on.

It's radicalism, and it began with the radical nature of Nichiren,
himself, as he refused to accept all the other religions in Japan, and
wrote his treatises, on securing the peace of the land, by abandoning
all the 'heretical' religions in Japan, and the world as an extension
of that, then they could secure peace, and that is how they have it in
NST, and that is how they have it in SGI, and with that attitude, that
radicalism at the basis, there will never be any peace between any of
the Nichiren groups that follow and emphasize those ideas. Right now,
the war is focused against NST, but the war of the SGI on all
'heretical' sects, will never end for the SGI, and possibly for other
Nichiren sects if they emphasize that doctrine of Nichiren. He was a
goof ball for saying that, but he saw it as the only way out of the
misery of day to day life. It's a good idea to get every one
synchronized, and harmonized, but it turned out with consequences
Nichiren apparently couldn't have cared less about, such as the
militancy that it gave birth to. Therefore, Nichiren was a real goof
ball, for not giving a shit about what his militancy would inspire,
but that's typical for Japanese people. Unfortunately, it is not a
healthy scenario for the rest of the people in the world. Japan has
Shinto as its national religion, with the family of the emperor at the
top. It is a curse on the Japanese people, and it will lead to more
tragedy and suffering, as they still think the emperor is a devine
being descended from the gods, and they still worship the emperor, as
any one can see by watching the news clips in Japan of how the
Japanese people respond to things concerning the emperor. SGI can't do
anything about that, for now, but they all know they have got to get
the Shinto religion tossed out, in accordance with the SGI's ideas on
Nichirenism and his intolerance for other religious sects. You see
that kind of militancy every where in Japan. It's called Nationalism,
and it is right wing militants who keep it alive. Japan is a country
filled with militant goof balls, and Nichiren was just one more of
them. All these others, the priests, are militants hiding behind a
pretend face of 'graciousness'. There is so much intolerance in Japan
for others, it is unreal. It is like another planet they are living
on, all with a time warp all their own. But you see that kind of
thing, in lots of people. The black ladies who live in this apartment
complex are so filled with hatred and prejudice for others, but they
think they have a right to be upset, at least, as they see it, they
were kidnapped from Africa, and enslaved, so of course they feel they
have a right to hate the white man for what he did, enslaving their
people. That's a little different from what we see in Japan. They
don't show out right hatred, but lots of people show their prejudice
for others, in the way they speak. Anyway, it's a mess, the quagmire
of suffereing people live in, and meanwhile, we are out bombing the
shit out of the Islamists, in our own holy war, against them, that our
own, Judeo Christian traditions gave birth to. We're ass backwards on
this planet, in lots of ways, and until it all gets straightened out,
there will just be a lot of sufferring for a lot of people.
Unfortunately, it won't get straightened out, until clear minded
people help others to see by using the media tools on the internet,
which loads of people are doing, what the problems are, and what to do
about them. For us, not supporting the war efforts of the U.S. is one
thing we can do. But so many people don't give a shit about where
their tax dollars go, and we are all so greedy, and we need our
lifestyles supported and maintained, so no one is going to do much to
turn the governments attention away from what it is doing, its basic
policies, to support the status quo in Amerika. We are apparently, as
some one pointed out, just a bunch of sheep. That's one thing the
Japanese have going for them. If they don't like what they see, they
speak out about it, and they turn out in droves to address the
problems. Japan is supposed to have no nukes, for instance, according
to its governments' charter, or constitution. But there are people
trying to get rid of that, of all things, while secretly, and no one
speaks about it, the Japanese have their fleets of nuclear submarines,
and you know they are loaded with nukes, though no one is going to
speak up about it, as it is such a blatant discrepancy. Anyway, they
don't seem to be getting far on that issue, their anti-nukes stance,
but they do raise a stink about nuclear power plants, all the time, as
that is an acceptable topic for discussion and protest. How well they
are doing, who knows. They need their life style supported as well,
and so the general public is again, acting like a bunch of sheep.
Whatever, there is nothing but problems every where we look, and we
know what the reasons are for many of them. But what to do about it
all, who knows. Just use what you've got, and try to make it a better
place to live in for all. Ignoring problems, will get us nowhere.
Speaking out about them, will help bring a resolution to many of them,
especially the louder you speak. That's easy to say, and the reality
is nothing much is going to change any time soon. But that's our karma
for those of us living on this shitty assed planet, where about the
only reasonable thing any one can do is, get themselves in sync, as
I've been mentioning, lately.

Jonjon
juanjo
2008-08-16 20:41:41 UTC
Frankly I do not give a tinker's damn about the Japanese way of doing
things. Japan is Japan and we are not Japanese. We do things
differently here. One thing is certain, the way to propagate Nichiren
Buddhism is not to blindly follow the path laid out by the Japanese.
The SGI has been trying that since the 1960's and while they might get
the word out initially they are incapable of maintaining any sort of
sustained growth because most Westerners are not going to turn
themselves into Japanese. It is not the way that Buddhism spread from
China to Japan and only an idiot would think for a second that it
would work spreading Buddhism to the West.

Stop and consider for a second. Most Japanese Nichiren Buddhist
groups maintain a completely Japanese top leadership or require anyone
not Japanese to become fluent in Japanese and to live in Japan for at
a portion of time before they can become a priest or whatever. That
is not going to work. Westerners, particularly Americans ultimately
will not stand for it. Of course they follow in a grand tradition,
the Japanese did not stand for it either. They may have initially
studied in China but they built a Japanese form of Buddhism. As soon
as they were able, they started ordaining priests in Japan and built
upon what they had learned from the Chinese but channeled it into a
uniquely Japanese form.

The same is beginning to happen here albeit slowly. The Nichiren Shu
has ordained over ten native born priests with more on the way in
Europe and North America. It has started to train Dharma leaders who
are spreading out into areas where there are no priests. Dharma
leaders can do pretty much everything a priest can do but they operate
under the supervision of a priest and coordinate with him or her in
their propagation activities. The leadership of Nichiren Shu has been
firmly established in a democratically elected board in North America,
made up of representatives of its constituent member temples and
sanghas. The Nichiren Shoshu also has been working to spread itself
although I am not as conversant in all their efforts. One weakness I
do see in their attempts is the fact that they do not ordain native
born priests and instead rely on Japanese priests to come to North
America. What ultimately they decide to do about this remains to be
seen. But as I see it it is an inherent weakness in their attempts to
firmly plant themselves in Western soil.

There are two major problems with Japanese born priests. The first is
that some will come and only stay for a while before returning home to
Japan. They may be highly dedicated people but they have a language
barrier and a cultural barrier to deal with. It takes time to become
conversant in English and to become comfortable in the culture one is
living in. To put down roots so to speak. Those who only stay for a
while often are just becoming comfortable enough to make a difference
in their local sanghas when they are uprooted and sent elsewhere.
Secondly, for those who do stay, no matter how dedicated they are, and
I do not doubt for a second that they are dedicated, they will always
be Japanese and look at the world through a Japanese filter. They
answer to a Japanese hierarchy in which they are firmly planted. This
is an issue that has plagued numerous Buddhist groups, including the
RKK, the NST and the Nichiren Shu to name a few. A native born clergy
eliminates that issue.

With regard to the Soka Gakkai they carry the seeds of their own
destruction with them wherever they go. There is no democracy in the
Soka Gakkai and all policy decisions and leadership appointments
ultimately come from Japan. Their obsession with war on the NST and
the other Nichiren Buddhist groups has also weakened them. Ultimately
most people look beyond high sounding moral positions and see the
reality of what the leaders are doing. This causes them to question
whether they are involved in a Buddhist organization or a personality
cult. They vote with their feet. As Nichiren Buddhism spreads all
around them, the SGI leadership has become very scared. As a result we
see letters banning people from attending functions, accusations of
poaching members, the implementation of loyalty oaths, the absurd
actions like those Kurt describes taking place in Los Angeles, the use
of "undercover" people to spy on functions and events as well as the
spread of disinformation over the internet. To top this off there is
the question of succession in the SGI, with Ikeda slowly growing older
and weaker. He can only last for so long and then he will die. His
attempts thus far to establish a dynasty seem to be meeting with some
opposition and in fact at his death the SGI may collapse into schism
based upon battles over the succession issue.

Another issue that plagues the Japanese Nichiren Buddhist
organizations is their difficulty in adapting to a Western style of
religious practice. In Japan, Buddhism is practiced in a very
different style than it is here in the West. Centuries of tradition
have built up about how the Japanese view their temples and activities
surrounding those temples. In the West we view our religious
institutions somewhat differently and have for just as long. These
two systems do not mesh as comfortably as some would like. Of course
in Japan there is great concern building up because the younger
Japanese no longer see much relevance to the old system of Buddhism
practiced there. In the West there is equally great pressure to adapt
that system over into a Western model. In my humble opinion much of
what is the traditional form of Buddhist practice in Japan is simply
what was forced upon them by the Shogunate to pull the political teeth
of the temples long ago. It was artificial then and is artificial
now. In the West there is no need to follow that construct, any more
than we would say feudal Roman Catholicism, in setting up a modern
form of Buddhist practice that suits our needs in the 21st century.

And frankly the same is true of the constant feuding and doctrinal
bickering indulged in by the Japanese over the centuries. I realize
this may dismay those die hard "true believers" out there who are
greatly invested those feuds but the reality is that they serve no
purpose whatsoever. This constant infighting has lead to nothing but
disunity in the sangha. Large numbers of people have gone off and
become "independents" because they are turned off over disputes that
really don't matter much in the grand scheme of things. I am not
suggesting that these disputes can be resolved over night. In fact I
very much doubt that they can be resolved quickly. But I do suggest
that instead of looking at the differences that lie between the
different groups in America, we look to the common ground we share and
use that to build a real Western Nichiren Buddhist community and to
cooperate in those areas where we can. It is possible to agree to
disagree on certain issues and work in common areas, like peace,
social justice, poverty, education, etc. With increased interaction
and education between people of different factions of the Nichiren
community, I believe that most people will come to understand that the
differences between us are far more minor than we have been lead to
believe.
Kurt
2008-08-17 02:10:43 UTC
In article
Post by juanjo
Frankly I do not give a tinker's damn about the Japanese way of doing
things. Japan is Japan and we are not Japanese. We do things
differently here. One thing is certain, the way to propagate Nichiren
Buddhism is not to blindly follow the path laid out by the Japanese.
The SGI has been trying that since the 1960's and while they might get
the word out initially they are incapable of maintaining any sort of
sustained growth because most Westerners are not going to turn
themselves into Japanese. It is not the way that Buddhism spread from
China to Japan and only an idiot would think for a second that it
would work spreading Buddhism to the West.
Thanks for that very literate post, Jon. Nice to see you here.
b***@MIX.COM
2008-08-17 18:50:46 UTC
To top this off there is the question of succession in the SGI,
with Ikeda slowly growing older and weaker. He can only last for
so long and then he will die. His attempts thus far to establish
a dynasty seem to be meeting with some opposition and in fact at
his death the SGI may collapse into schism based upon battles
over the succession issue.
Oh, the irony !!

Seriously, this is the karma they have themselves created,
and you may rest assured it is inevitable.

Thanks for the very cogent assessment (your entire article)
of the current state of Buddhism in the West.

Billy Y..
u***@go.com
2008-08-17 20:10:47 UTC

Post by juanjo
[...]
I think the "independents" will become their own Nichiren sect steeped
totally in American ways of practice. Instead of a high priest
they'll have something akin to the Mormons "prophet" leading them by
unanimous decision of the members.

Wayno
juanjo
2008-08-18 21:20:52 UTC
Post by juanjo
[...]
It will be interesting to see what time brings. I cannot predict what
will or will not happen with the independents. I would not be
surprised to see some groups coalesce into some sort of organized
sangha although I doubt it will be all of them or even just one. Some
have joined the Nichiren Shu and I expect that is a trend that will
continue. Others will want to remain independent of any group.

The key point is that a truly Western sangha must eventually form for
Nichiren Buddhism to take firm hold in North America. One that
separates the Buddhist practice from the Japanocentric custom and
practice.
Kurt
2008-08-19 00:21:40 UTC
Post by juanjo
[...]
There is a better way, and let's face it, the more a religion is able to
truly assimilate into a culture, the better it will do.
Jon's point was well taken.
juanjo
2008-08-20 20:15:55 UTC
In article
Post by juanjo
[...]
The inherent issues I spoke of in my previous posts are more than
adequately demonstrated by some of the responses to them and to
others' comments posted here. The folks who were deeply invested in
the SGI way of conducting "Buddhist warfare" under the misnomer of
shakabuku has sadly for many never shaken that poison from their
system. Regardless of where they fall on the spectrum today they
carry that poison with them. They are perpetuating a Japanese feud
which long predated them and which has only interfered with the spread
of Nichiren Buddhism in the West. Silly arguments over a magical
tooth are exactly that, silly. In terms of the Dharma, that tooth
means exactly nothing and never has. Believing it has living tissue
attached or not does nothing to assist anyone on the path to
enlightenment and arguing about it imho actually impedes one's path to
enlightenment. The Ikeda followers' slavish devotion to the
destruction of the Nichiren Shoshu does nothing to advance anyone's
enlightenment and makes all Nichiren Buddhists look bad.

Legitimate Nichiren Buddhist practice is not dependent on teeth or
destroying so called heretics. It is dependent on the Bodhisattva Way
and core to that is mindfullness and compassion. There are real
disagreements between some of the Nichiren sects but most of these are
really minor and this is why most have been able to work together on
joint problems and issues. Of course there is a serious disagreement
between the Nichiren Shoshu and the other Nichiren sects. I know
there has been some effort generated to work that through in Japan but
so far without success. Maybe with time and more effort it will be
resolved. I cannot say. I am not a mind reader or a prophet.

But the old conflicts that have been fought and re-fought are not
useful to anyone. There are far more points that we have in common
than we have as differences. Mutual respect and a willingness to
allow each to practice according to the dictates of his conscience is
beneficial to all concerned. As I have said before there are areas
where as Nichiren Buddhists we can work together to spread the Dharma
or at least to present a united front on common issues that affect us
all. It is far more beneficial to us as Buddhists to concentrate on
those and with mutual respect and toleration of our difference to
progress ahead in the propagation of the Dharma in the states.
cmk
2008-08-17 06:52:22 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Kurt
In article
<...>
Post by Kurt
Post by r***@mchsi.com
[...]
Jonjon- Hide quoted text -
As for sheep, excuse me, what sheep are these who parrot everything
said about "Ikeda?" Who has any real MIND without parroting the
priesthood in NST?

cmk
juanjo
2008-08-17 17:48:49 UTC
Post by cmk
As for sheep, excuse me, what sheep are these who parrot everything
said about "Ikeda?"
cmk
Looked in a mirror lately?
Thought not.
cmk
2008-09-04 10:15:36 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Kurt
In article
<...>
Post by Kurt
Post by r***@mchsi.com
[...]
They need to, I don't believe it. I have seen people slander the SGI
about following them around, over 50 times and NOT one PICTURE to
prove it.

I didn't see anything they said happened to harass NST, except a
docile chapter leader attending the temple. I have had bad
experiences with SGI, but I assure you IT IS BETTER than MOST :O!!

cmk
Kurt
2008-09-04 19:56:17 UTC
In article
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Kurt
In article
<...>

b***@MIX.COM
2008-09-08 01:55:56 UTC
Post by Kurt
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/mrsnak/sgi/SGI-04.jpg
Hmm.. A dozen kids, plus one old guy, to clean up a tiny little
traffic island, eh? Plus a video camera.

What a bunch of sickos.

Billy Y..
Kurt
2008-09-08 15:43:04 UTC
Post by b***@MIX.COM
Post by Kurt
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/mrsnak/sgi/SGI-04.jpg
Hmm.. A dozen kids, plus one old guy, to clean up a tiny little
traffic island, eh? Plus a video camera.
What a bunch of sickos.
Billy Y..
Yes, that barren plot of dirt was about 40 square feet.
juanjo
2008-09-08 18:33:51 UTC
Post by Kurt
Post by b***@MIX.COM
Post by Kurt
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/mrsnak/sgi/SGI-04.jpg
Hmm.. A dozen kids, plus one old guy, to clean up a tiny little
traffic island, eh?  Plus a video camera.
What a bunch of sickos.
Billy Y..
Yes, that barren plot of dirt was about 40 square feet.
I am certain the video guy was there just to document the efforts of
the team doing the work, that his bringing the cam corder was
completely unauthorized and the tapes have been destroyed. I am also
willing to sell my 50% stake in the Golden Gate Bridge to the first
person who contacts me concerning the matter for a mere 50.00 USD
cash.
Kurt
2008-09-12 14:37:26 UTC
In article
Post by juanjo
Post by Kurt
Post by b***@MIX.COM
Post by Kurt
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/mrsnak/sgi/SGI-04.jpg
Hmm.. A dozen kids, plus one old guy, to clean up a tiny little
traffic island, eh?  Plus a video camera.
What a bunch of sickos.
Billy Y..
Yes, that barren plot of dirt was about 40 square feet.
I am certain the video guy was there just to document the efforts of
the team doing the work, that his bringing the cam corder was
completely unauthorized and the tapes have been destroyed. I am also
willing to sell my 50% stake in the Golden Gate Bridge to the first
person who contacts me concerning the matter for a mere 50.00 USD
cash.
Post by Kurt
One of my friends has a video with more, including the laptop guy, but
as you can see, Denise will have an answer for that.

In any event, so many SGI were appalled by this stunt, and temple
members who had never had any dealings with the SGI got to see them and
were completely turned off. What better result could you ask for?
m***@gmail.com
2008-09-22 21:50:11 UTC
Hello everyone,

I am a Nichiren member from Myoshinji....I would just like to advise
some of the younger NST members on here that as practicing Nichren
Buddhist we can not enter into altercations with others. It is a
slander against the practice. I understand you wish to clarify for
others about our practice. It is better that you did this through
Shakabuku and abundant Dimoku than mincing words with people that wish
to rattle you. Remeber SGI memebers used to belong to NSA. They know
if they can get you to have an altercation with them that you will
take part of their negative karma. I wouldn't want that why would you.
We are called to Shakabuku no matter what that is what we do weather
the person be friend or enemy. I will include everyone here in my
Dimoku tonight and hope that maybe we can discuss our different
faith's in a more respectful peacefull manor. I will pray that your
negative karma be eradicated and that I will see you all on the 2009
Tozan.

Thank You for your time.

j***@gmail.com
2008-08-02 16:00:13 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by juanjo
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
That shit has been going on in Japan for so long, well longer than
before 1978 when I was introduced to what was going on, at a temple in
Tokyo, Hodoin. That's thirty years, plus, already. It's just starting
here in the states, apparently, appoaching the same levels it was at,
except for the murders. You never know though. Maybe there will be
some murders, following in the footsteps of the SGI senpai, or seniors
against the temple leadership and members. It's your karma to be
caught up in such bullshit and you can pray for a change of karma, and
you might succeed, if you're dedicated enough. It's really too bad,
since I'm sure there are good, sincere people in Nichiren Shoshu. I
guess the generally good people in the SGI will bail from SGI, and
find them selves in the alternative Nichiren Sect groups doing their
thing in them. I wouldn't waste too much time on Nichiren Shoshu, as
it is a non-reality based religious group, saying shit like, "the
Daishonin's tooth (onikuge) is alive and shining brightly" that was at
the meeting where Nikken Shonin took over the helm. No tooth from a
dead person's mouth has flesh growing on it, and is "bright and
shining". That's a lot of bullshit, just like the Catholics have their
bullshit about appearances of Jesus's mother, Mary. They are so full
of it, and so is Nichiren Shoshu, they ought to be exterminated, or at
least, they ought to get their shit together, and get it straight, is
my opinion, as they are anti or counter evolutionaryistic with their
stances on one male one female marriages. One male one female
marriages produce dead ender societies. Evolution has come to a halt,
in dead ender societies, and back enders, people with disabilities and
mental problems, such as gay and lesbian people as well as bi-sexuals,
so-called transexuals, a new word I learned, begin to flourish.

I know, NSA was loaded with dead ender transexuals, at least the
College Park Chapter, which I belonged to. I wonder which has more?
NST or SGI? Whatever, that's their problem, not mine.

Cheers!

John Ayres
Kurt
2008-08-03 01:57:13 UTC
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
wouldn't waste too much time on Nichiren Shoshu, as
it is a non-reality based religious group, saying shit like, "the
Daishonin's tooth (onikuge) is alive and shining brightly" that was at
the meeting where Nikken Shonin took over the helm. No tooth from a
dead person's mouth has flesh growing on it, and is "bright and
shining".
Like it or not, the practice of Nichiren Shoshu works. Yes, it has a
long history, and that history does include relics.
So what? Does that negate the actual practice?
Only for the jaded or those looking for an excuse not to practice.

BTW- I personally saw the tooth at that time while on that Tozan. Did
seem to have pinkish flesh on it.
j***@gmail.com
2008-08-04 00:44:15 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
wouldn't waste too much time on Nichiren Shoshu, as
it is a non-reality based religious group, saying shit like, "the
Daishonin's tooth (onikuge) is alive and shining brightly" that was at
the meeting where Nikken Shonin took over the helm. No tooth from a
dead person's mouth has flesh growing on it, and is "bright and
shining".
Like it or not, the practice of Nichiren Shoshu works. Yes, it has a
long history, and that history does include relics.
So what? Does that negate the actual practice?
Only for the jaded or those looking for an excuse not to practice.
Like hell it works. If it works so wonderfully well, why is SGI and
NST at war with each other? That's your karma getting caught up in it,
and being on the loosing side, as your temples take hit after hit, and
sit there doing nothing but sucking on their thumbs.

It synchronizes your life. So does chanting Namu Amida Buddha, or Hare
Krishna Hare Rama, or Om Mane Padme Oum, or Ohm, and it's all will
power that focuses your resynchronizations. Liking it or not liking it
is presumptuous on your part to say, and a nasty and rude minded thing
to say. The 'actual practice' is nothing but resyncing your life. You
can do partially the same thing, with gymnastics, for that matter, or
professional ice skating, or even choir choral singing, or even club
dancing. Shit happens to every one, and there is no escaping it. Every
one has their burdens of karma they are carrying around.There are
plenty of examples of that in all these groups, SGI, NST, and all the
rest of them.

Any one can resynchronize his or her life, with any number of means,
and move in a more positive direction, if you are determined enough.
Furthermore, people have a right to choose who they hang around with,
and as for my personal situation, the auto crats of NST, the self
appointed dictators, are full of shit. Taking my personal karma into
consideration, I am enjoying my religion, and find it over whelmingly
spiritual in nature, and am busy resyncing my life, based on my own
practice of it.
Post by Kurt
BTW- I personally saw the tooth at that time while on that Tozan. Did
seem to have pinkish flesh on it.
Bullshit. I was there at Nikken's taking over from Nittatsu. I don't
remember seeing any one else from over seas, except for maybe one girl
at that meeting and event. And there was no foreign group of members
there. And it was so dark inside the container it was kept in, I went
right up to it, and there was no light shining into it, and it was
pitch dark inside of it, with poor lighting in the hall were the
ceremony took place, at the time Nikken took over, there was nothing
to see at all. No one could see. Not even the priests could see inside
the container, as I spoke with one, and he personally had no clue as
to whether it was alive or not, and merely stated, what Nikken said.

John Ayres
M***@rochester.rr.com
2008-08-07 07:52:42 UTC
The following is my response to someone who asserts that it doesn't
matter whether one reveres Nichiren or Shakyamuni as the Original
Eternal Buddha.

My disagreement with his perspective is soteriological (pertaining to
the doctrine of salvation) and I will attempt to prove that homage and
reverence of the Original Eternal Buddha Shakyamuni and not another
"archetype", is a fundemental component of the doctrine of salvation
of the Lotus Sutra. To reject this Buddha for an impersonal Buddha-
nature or another archetype [such as Nichiren] and thus to take this
particular Buddha out of the Law, is a serious mistake and a cause for
descending into the Lower Worlds.

"The Lotus Sutra states, "I alone can save them" (Chapter 3) and "I
likewise am the Father of the World, The One who saves from the
various sufferings and travails." (Chapter 16)

Nichiren says, "Bear in mind that the twenty-eight chapters of the
Lotus Sutra contain only a few passages elucidating the truth, but a
great many words of praise." In the same work, Nichiren writes:

"Only the Lotus Sutra represents the wonderful teaching preached
directly from the golden mouth of Shakyamuni Buddha, who is perfectly
endowed with the three bodies. Therefore, even Universal Worthy and
Manjushri were hardly able to expound so much as a single phrase or
verse of it. How much more difficult then must it be for us, who are
no more than ordinary people living in this latter age, to embrace
even one or two words of this sutra! (The Blessings of the Lotus
Sutra)

Is it possible that salvation will take place in one who lacks
gratitude? Can one possible obtain the fruit of Supreme Perfect
Enlightenment by rejecting or failing to recognize one's loving father
while praising and acknowledging a stranger as one's real father? Is
not gratitude an essential component to the doctrine of salvation?

Nichiren states over and over, "Shakyamuni is the only Buddha endowed
with all three virtues and to whom we owe a profound debt of
gratitude." (Encouragement to a Sick Person)

and again, referring to Shakyamuni Buddha

"The debt of gratitude we owe him is deeper than the ocean, weightier
than the earth, vaster than the sky."

Is not the vertical gratitude to Shakyamuni Buddha for attaining
Buddhahood fundemental to the horizontal transmission of the Dharma in
gratitude to all people?

One who lacks gratitude for Shakyamuni Buddha is no better than an
animal according to Nichiren Daishonin and his attainments can not
possibly go beyond that of the World of Animality. Nichiren, warning
of the effect of embracing an archetype other than Shakyamuni Buddha
writes,

“All the four directions will be afflicted by drought, and evil omens
will appear again and again. The ten evil acts will increase greatly,
particularly greed, anger, and foolishness, and people will think no
more of their fathers and mothers than does the roe deer. Living
beings will decline in numbers, in longevity, physical strength,
dignity, and enjoyment. They will become estranged from the delights
of the human and heavenly realms, and all will fall into the paths of
evil. The wicked rulers and monks who perform these ten evil acts will
curse and destroy my correct teaching and make it difficult for those
in the human and heavenly realms to stay there. At that time the
benevolent deities and heavenly kings, who would ordinarily take pity
on living beings, will abandon this impure and evil nation, and all
will make their way to other regions.” (On Establishing the Correct
Teachings)

Mark

http://www.fraughtwithperil.com/blogs/kemponhokke/

M***@rochester.rr.com
2008-08-07 08:01:25 UTC
Nice to see you posting again John. What's the story calling Nichiren
a goof ball. Obviously, you lost any semblance of faith that you may
have had. Why don't you start afresh as if nothing happened but this
time with a correct faith? I promise you that what the Lotus Sutra
promises, "peace and security in this life and a fortunate birth in
the next", is absolutely true without the slightest doubt.

Mark
Post by j***@gmail.com
In article
John Ayres
j***@gmail.com
2008-08-07 09:35:03 UTC
Post by M***@rochester.rr.com
Nice to see you posting again John. What's the story calling Nichiren
a goof ball. Obviously, you lost any semblance of faith that you may
have had. Why don't you start afresh as if nothing happened but this
time with a correct faith? I promise you that what the Lotus Sutra
promises, "peace and security in this life and a fortunate birth in
the next", is absolutely true without the slightest doubt.
Mark
Post by j***@gmail.com
In article
Post by Kurt
BTW- I personally saw the tooth at that time while on that Tozan. Did
seem to have pinkish flesh on it.
Bullshit. I was there at Nikken's taking over from Nittatsu. I don't
remember seeing any one else from over seas, except for maybe one girl
at that meeting and event. And there was no foreign group of members
there. And it was so dark inside the container it was kept in, I went
right up to it, and there was no light shining into it, and it was
pitch dark inside of it, with poor lighting in the hall were the
ceremony took place, at the time Nikken took over, there was nothing
to see at all. No one could see. Not even the priests could see inside
the container, as I spoke with one, and he personally had no clue as
to whether it was alive or not, and merely stated, what Nikken said.
John Ayres
My religion that I practice every day, is pleasurable for me to
practice, and highly spiritual. I'm quite happy with it, and I'm
certain of where I've come from and more or less, where I'm going. I
have dreams every night, that are more like movies, of my previous
lifes. I am amazed, as they come every night, and I see the people I
used to know, the things I used to do, and the lives I used to lead.
It's been going on for about a little more than three years, already,
and it hasn't stopped, and I don't think it will stop, so long as I am
living in this lifetime. It's quite amazing, as they are not really
dreams, like I used to have, all the time, but they are like movies,
with me in them interacting with people I used to know, living along
with the other people, on different planets throughout our universe.
There have been some really amazing changes in our karma, as we used
to have pretty good karma, but because of all the mistakes we've made,
over the immense time we've been in this universe, we now have some
really shitty karma, that has us living on ass backwards planets, like
this one, where the monotheistics, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam,
along with Buddhism, a corrupted religion compared to how it was
originally taught, influence nearly every aspect of our societies and
we suffer as a result of it.

John Ayres
Kurt
2008-08-07 14:49:21 UTC
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
Bullshit. I was there at Nikken's taking over from Nittatsu. I don't
remember seeing any one else from over seas, except for maybe one girl
at that meeting and event. And there was no foreign group of members
there. And it was so dark inside the container it was kept in, I went
right up to it, and there was no light shining into it, and it was
pitch dark inside of it, with poor lighting in the hall were the
ceremony took place, at the time Nikken took over, there was nothing
to see at all. No one could see. Not even the priests could see inside
the container, as I spoke with one, and he personally had no clue as
to whether it was alive or not, and merely stated, what Nikken said.
John Ayres
This was recently, for the installation of the new high priest. Well lit
in the new Hoando.
Try to have a nice day, anyway.
j***@gmail.com
2008-08-07 18:42:10 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
Bullshit. I was there at Nikken's taking over from Nittatsu. I don't
remember seeing any one else from over seas, except for maybe one girl
at that meeting and event. And there was no foreign group of members
there. And it was so dark inside the container it was kept in, I went
right up to it, and there was no light shining into it, and it was
pitch dark inside of it, with poor lighting in the hall were the
ceremony took place, at the time Nikken took over, there was nothing
to see at all. No one could see. Not even the priests could see inside
the container, as I spoke with one, and he personally had no clue as
to whether it was alive or not, and merely stated, what Nikken said.
John Ayres
This was recently, for the installation of the new high priest. Well lit
in the new Hoando.
Try to have a nice day, anyway.
You're simply a deluded individual willing to believe anything. If you
actually saw something, then they have probably stooped so low as to
make a fake, look alike, to fool every one. You're a fool and an
idiot, if you think a tooth can live without it being attached to a
person's gums. What's more, NIchiren Shoshu tells people that a spirit
of NIchiren inhabits the wooden mandalas, particularly, the
DaiGohonzon, as the knuckle head, Nichiren, apparently said, I write
my tamashi, or my inner self, or spirit, but it can also be
interpreted as 'personal energies' into this mandala. People generally
think that tamashi means 'spirit' or 'soul', but it can also mean, a
person's personal energies. People have what is called an energy body,
that they astral travel in. It would be something like that, one's
energies. So if Nichiren disciples think there is a spirit in the
mandalas, and that the priests through their prayer sessions, such as
the ridiculous 'eye opening ceremony' where they consecrate new
mandalas, implying they are imbueing life into the wooden and paper
scrolls, and if Nichiren disciples actually believe there is some kind
of spirit or soul of a person in a mandala, they are completely out of
their heads. There is what is called, energies impositioning, where
you use Taichi to force energies into something, say a mandala, and
that carries that person's energies and pushes them into the mandala.
People can sit on a mandala, and impose, or force into it, their
energies, or they can place their lips up to one, and press their lips
against it, and that will impose or force in, human energies. You can
do this with your dick, or cunt, or ass, or titties, or stomach, or
head, or feet, and you can push in all kinds of energies. That is
energies impositioning, as well. It has a significant effect on the
mandala, as the mandala becomes more useful to people to pray to.
Without any energies imposed into the mandala, it is a near worthless,
piece of paper.

Your near worthless pieces of paper, have no spirits in them, and that
Nichiren Shoshu believes in things of that nature, and that they teach
that mandalas have spirits of Nichiren, and imply that high priests
can 'open the eye's' of madalas,, i just total bunk, and it just goes
to prove how out of touch with reality they are. That's why I called
them, a non-reality based religion.

Take your have a nice a nice day, and shove it up your ass, you
insincere, next to near worthless human beiing. Say hello to the
folks, at Nichiren Shoshu temple for me. Since they are not all as
insincere and as nasty minded as you.

John Ayres
Kurt
2008-08-07 18:56:26 UTC
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
Don't really if you believe me or not. I saw the tooth recently and
described what I saw.

You spent years showering these newsgroups with personal attacks and
obscenities. Really thought you might have finally overcome all that.
j***@gmail.com
2008-08-07 19:28:02 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
And Nichiren Shoshu is fighting to stay alive, now that SGI is gone,
and there are plenty of salaries to pay, and besides, no one will ever
be allowed to inspect it, and put it under a microscope, as they
allowed for the Shroud of Turin. Nichiren Shoshu is a Japanaese group,
and they have customs, and their customs would never permit some one
to inspect and publish their 'scientific' findings on a dead tooth. No
one even knows if it was Nichiren's dead tooth, or some one else's, as
any one could have pulled that prank, as it was an orally handed down
verbal story, no pun intended. With all the mouths to feed, and all
the salaries to pay, a little lie, here and there, wouldn't hurt any
one.
Post by Kurt
You spent years showering these newsgroups with personal attacks and
obscenities.
Really thought you might have finally overcome all that.
My personal approach to attempting to destroy every thing that stood
in my way, with my posts, however obscene they may have gotten, was my
choosing. No politeness is needed, when you are not dealing with
polite people. Now since you have proven you are nasty minded,
insincere belligerent person, full of brain washed sloganisitc phrases
that amount to nothing, if you want to get into it, I can get into it.
And as for your little snipe there, take that one, as well, and shove
it up your ass, you next to nearly worthless, insincere, insecure,
snide, jerk. As far as overcoming any thing, there is nothing to over
come, as again, when dealing with belligerents, and you have proven
you are a belligerent, I can be just as if not more so, belligerent as
any one.

John Ayres
cmk
2008-08-17 06:50:28 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
 wouldn't waste too much time on Nichiren Shoshu, as
it is a non-reality based religious group, saying shit like, "the
Daishonin's tooth (onikuge) is alive and shining brightly" that was at
the meeting where Nikken Shonin took over the helm. No tooth from a
dead person's mouth has flesh growing on it, and is "bright and
shining".
Like it or not, the practice of Nichiren Shoshu works. Yes, it has a
long history, and that history does include relics.
So what? Does that negate the actual practice?
Only for the jaded or those looking for an excuse not to practice.
BTW- I personally saw the tooth at that time while on that Tozan. Did
seem to have pinkish flesh on it.
One, there no video, no pics you can see, and NO PROOF as usual.
Secondly Nichiren Shoshu doesn't work. People are unhappy, mean, and
critisize or are, NO PROOF AS USUAL. Lots of talk, as always no
proof.

cmk
juanjo
2008-08-17 17:47:24 UTC
On Aug 16, 11:50 pm, cmk <***@gmail.com> took time out of a
busy schedule to grace us with the presence of a diehard devotee of
 Lots of talk, as always no proof.
cmk
Precisely the point that has been made about the Soka Gakkai and its
never say die members for generations now.
Kurt
2008-08-19 00:19:18 UTC
In article
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
In article
[...]
You sound unhappy...
cmk
2008-08-22 18:34:21 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Where is your proof? I have heard alot of talk, and personally seen
LITTLE of the things you accuse SGI of. Some proof would be
appropriate.

cmk
Cody
2008-08-22 18:40:14 UTC
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by juanjo
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Sorry, Denise, no one cares if you believe it or not.

Cody
Kurt
2008-08-23 02:30:06 UTC
Post by Cody
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
--
To reply by email, remove the word "space"- Hide quoted text -
Where is your proof? I have heard alot of talk, and personally seen
LITTLE of the things you accuse SGI of. Some proof would be
appropriate.
cmk
Sorry, Denise, no one cares if you believe it or not.
Cody
Doesn't matter. The incident pissed off more than a few SGI who try to
care about these things. That's the best that can come out of this.
Kurt
2008-08-23 02:28:13 UTC
In article
Post by cmk
Where is your proof? I have heard alot of talk, and personally seen
LITTLE of the things you accuse SGI of. Some proof would be
appropriate.
cmk
cmk -I have no axe to grind. I call 'em as I see 'em. Ask any long time
SGI leader about me. I try to be impartial, but this is what I saw.
I have many social connections in SGI. Most are appalled by this new
wave of militancy. I see the jihadists on both sides. SGI just happens
to be the ones who have a top-down directive to actively disrupt NST
activities.

Rather than try to be a knee-jerk apologist, I encourage you to ask you
leadership directly. The incident has already been acknowledged on a
couple SGI boards.
juanjo
2008-08-23 09:25:01 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
I can get you a copy of the letter sent to the Houston Nichiren Shu
people. Would that make you happy? I doubt it. As for the events
Kurt mentions, there are photos but you would ignore them as well.
juanjo
2008-08-25 03:17:37 UTC
Post by juanjo
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Well I see you ignored the offer to provide you with the letter. I
believe they call that "actual proof". All I can say is that I
respect you and I do not despise you for someday you too will be a
Buddha. Until then I will offer Daimoku for your happiness.
cmk
2008-09-09 10:00:38 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Where is the POSTED picture of the "someone with a laptop and camera
with a telephoto lens?"

Nichiren Shoshu has done this FOR YEARS, said they were being harassed
by SGI, there are NO WITNESSES, no SIGNED police reports, NO PICTURES
of people harassing them. and it's because there are no people to
see...LOL.

In the beginning there were problems, but that was then, this is
NOW.

"If" anyone from SGI goes to an NST meeting (because you ask them),
then you insult them so they leave ON PURPOSE, so why bother?

cmk
juanjo
2008-09-09 17:51:49 UTC
Post by juanjo
Post by cmk
I was invited to Nichiren Shu, and when I took them up on it, they
declined and made accusations which are not true, although I am not a
criminal, or a problem.
Tell me who it was who invited you and who it was who declined to let
you in. Tell me who made false accusations and what the false
accusations were. I want to know where this happened and when. I
will check this out and I can promise you that if it is true I will
personally chew that person[s] a new rear end. Additionally I will be
happy to escort you to a Nichiren Shu function. No one is going to
tell the president of NONA who he can bring to a function.
Your bluff is called.
It is now September 9th and I am still waiting for a reply. Not one
word, not even a whisper. Not a mention of a name of the person who
invited her, no mention of where this occurred, no mention of when
this occurred, no mention of who declined to let her attend, no
mention of any specific "false accusations".
Cody
2008-09-09 18:16:38 UTC
Post by juanjo
Post by juanjo
Post by cmk
[...]
And you're surprised?

Cody
juanjo
Not at all. I am simply making the observation.
r***@mchsi.com
2008-07-31 11:46:18 UTC
Post by juanjo
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
John,

So this report is from Engyo & Reverend Myokei? Was it a recent
insident? May I forward your comment to SGU? I am sure you have that
Byrd in LA in being shunned for being critical of Soka Gakkai policies
and / or having the audicity to associate with Reverend Ryuei. A
leader, Bill Anker, was removed some time ago, and his house made off
limits for meetings, because he does not support SS and also invited
Reverend Ryuei to a gathering at his home. Another veteran leader had
his home declared off limits for SGI meetings; because his wife
either took Nichiren Shu jukai, or began preparing to do so. So Soka
Gakkai is now picking member's friends and associates for them, on an
official level.

The good people in SGI-USA; who I think constitutes most of them; seem
to rationalize this sort of conduct, if they become aware it is
happening. They will say it is not happening in their area or group.
At some point; that begins to resemble "I know Nothing" or else "They
are not coming for me." Or else they will try to address it the
Gakkai way; behind closed doors, where of course they are patronized.
This is known as the "Jello Wall."

I am happy to see an increasing number gravitating to Nichiren Shu. I
think they will find the authentic doctrine of Nichiren Shonin is
taught there; in an atmosphere that is tolerant and mainstream
Buddhist. For me personally, doctrine is important; and I simply can
not accept Nichikan's interpretations of Nichiren. If I thought they
were correct, and accurately based on Nichiren and Nikko's teachings;
I would say Nichiren and Nikko were wrong, Obviously, I think Nichikan
got it wromg.

All that said; some of the methods of some Nichiren Shu lineages are
going to be off putting to some. That might take some educating. Also,
people should know that there is a Nikko lineage in Nichiren Shu -- at
Kitayama. Kitayama even transcribes the Mandala Gohonzon the same way
as Taisekiji -- that part does go back to Nikko.

Nichiren Shu in general uses statues in Gohonzon configurations.
People needed educated that the symbolism is exactly the same. The
statues represent the exact same mythical beings whose names are
written in Kanji or Siddham on the Mandala Gohonzon. Personally, I
find the One Buddha and Four Attendants to be an excellent meditative
visualization representing Unconditioned Alaya aka Purified Citta, aka
Amala Consciousness and the four virtues of Innocent Purity, Deeply
Rooted Bliss, a sense of Timeless Constancy witrhin contant change,
and an Authentic Sense of a Selfless Self Identity.

The other issues, like the side altars of Kishimojin or Daikokten are
rooted in Nichiren School tradition. There are also the adjecent
Shinto Shrines. Even Taisekiji, iirc, and definitely other Nikko
temples, have Hokke Shinto elements as well, such as "Suijaku" shrines
to Tensho Daijin. Nikko built one, He also built a Founder's Hall
enshrining a statue of Nichren Shonin. These are matters I think
westerners will nned to learn about and make their own decisions. My
own views are tentative. It takes some spiritual maturity and
confidence to live with a degree od ambiguity, uncertainty, and
agnosticism in regard to some issues.

There is a lot of covert Shinto in Nichiren Shoshu too, starting with
evergreens instead of traditional Buddhist flowers. Well, that is
another matter, perhaps for another day. On these weird actions by SGI-
USA folks; I think Nichiren Shu like Jon, Hokkeko like Kurt, 'Indies'
like me, and SGI reformers like David at SGU have some common ground
to share.

gassho with metta,

robin

"Fundamentalism, intolerance, or bigotry, regardless of the variety,
seems to inevitably lead to the disturbed, feverish, constipated
spirituality displayed the Abner Hale character in Michener's 1959.
novel "Hawaii' -- me . . . . .

Bigot: "One who is strongly partial [attached] to one's own group,
religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."

Hacker Slang: bigot

[common] A person who is religiously attached to a particular
computer, language, operating system, editor, or other tool (see
religious issues). Usually found with a specifier; thus, Cray bigot,
ITS bigot, APL bigot, VMS bigot, Berkeley bigot. Real bigots can be
distinguished from mere partisans or zealots by the fact that they
refuse to learn alternatives even when the march of time and/or
technology is threatening to obsolete the favored tool. It is truly
said “You can tell a bigot, but you can't tell him much.”

http://www.answers.com/topic/bigot
r***@mchsi.com
2008-07-31 12:15:30 UTC
Post by juanjo
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Jon,

So is this report from Engyo & Reverend Myokei? Was it a recent
incident? May I forward your comment to SGU? I am sure you have heard
that Byrd in LA being shunned by SGI in her area; for being critical
of Soka Gakkai policies at her blog and / or having the audacity to
associate with Reverend Ryuei. A leader, Bill Anker, was removed some
time ago, and his house made off limits for meetings, because he does
not support SS and also invited Reverend Ryuei to a gathering at his
home. Another veteran leader had his home declared off limits for SGI
meetings; because his wife either took Nichiren Shu jukai, or began
preparing to do so. So Soka Gakkai is now picking member's friends and
associates for them, on an official level.

The good people in SGI-USA; who I think constitutes most of them; seem
to rationalize this sort of conduct, if they become aware it is
happening. They will say that it is not happening in their area or
group. Or they will say there must be another side to the story. Or
else they will try to address it the Gakkai way; behind closed doors,
where of course they are patronized; assured the matter is being
addressed, lectured about Esho Funi, asked about their cash flow, told
to be the change they wish to see, blah, blah, blah ... baaa, baaa,
baaa. This is known as the "Jello Wall." At some point; that begins
to resemble "I know Nothing" or else "They are not coming for me."

I am happy to see an increasing number gravitating to Nichiren Shu. I
think they will find the authentic doctrine of Nichiren Shonin is
taught there; in an atmosphere that is tolerant and mainstream
Buddhist. For me personally, doctrine is important; and I simply can
not accept Nichikan's interpretations of Nichiren. If I thought they
were accurately based on Nichiren and Nikko's teachings; I would say
Nichiren and Nikko were wrong, Obviously, I think Nichikan
got it wrong.

All that said; some of the methods of some Nichiren Shu lineages are
going to be off putting to some. That might take some educating. Also,
people should know that there is a Nikko lineage in Nichiren Shu -- at
Kitayama. The Priests at Kitayama even transcribe the Mandala Gohonzon
the same way as Taisekiji -- that part does go back to Nikko. Now,
Nichiren Shu in general uses statues as all or part of Gohonzon
configurations. People need to be educated that the symbolism is
exactly the same. The statues represent the exact same mythical beings
whose names are written in Kanji or Siddham on the Mandala Gohonzon.
Personally, I find the One Buddha and Four Attendants to be an
excellent meditative visualization. For me, right now, it represents
Unconditioned Alaya aka Purified Citta, aka Amala Consciousness plus
the four virtues of Innocent Purity, Deeply Rooted Spiritual Bliss, a
sense of Timeless Constancy within constant change, and an Authentic
Sense of a Selfless Self Identity. I find concentrating on that visual
imagery very healing.

The other issues, like the side altars of Kishimojin or Daikokten, I
think are deeply rooted in Nichiren School tradition. There are also
the adjacent Shinto Shrines. Even Taisekiji, iirc, and definitely
other Nikko temples, have Hokke Shinto elements as well, such as
"Suijaku" shrines to Tensho Daijin. Nikko built one of those at
Kitayama, He also built a Founder's Hall enshrining a statue of
Nichiren Shonin. These are matters, I think, that westerners will need
to learn about and then make their own informed decisions. My own
views are tentative. It takes some spiritual maturity and humble
confidence to live with a degree of ambiguity, uncertainty, and
agnosticism in regard to some issues. Phony faith, and thinking, or
trying to act like, one knows what one does not, is worse than honest
doubt, I think.

There is a lot of covert Shinto in Nichiren Shoshu too, starting with
evergreens instead of traditional Buddhist flowers. Well, that is
another matter, perhaps for another day. On these recent weird actions
by SGI-USA folks; I think Nichiren Shu people like you Jon, Hokkeko
members like Kurt, 'Indies' like me, and SGI reformers like David at
SGU; all have some common ground to share.

juanjo
2008-07-31 19:29:22 UTC
The Report does come from Rev Myokei and I have seen a scanned copy of
the letter. It is undated but is on SGI letterhead. It is signed by
Larry Miller, Janice Dew Thompson, Karen Blake, Mike Shimada, Tony
Lee, Sophia Chang, Emily Thomas, who are identified as the Texas Gulf
Coast Regional Team. My personal opinion is that they wrote the
letter and if they did not want their actions to be public then they
should not have engaged in them so tell whoever you wish. I have
heard reports of a number of people including long time SGI members
who have been ostracized recently for advocating a more moderate path
than the SGI has chosen to engage in. I do not have first hand
knowledge of all these events so I will refrain from naming names as I
do not want to be incorrect. I have seen an increase in the number of
former SGI members in the Nichiren Shu as I suspect the Nichiren
Shoshu has. Of course many have also gone independent or simply gone
elsewhere.

I had a very unusual experience recently when on a plane ride there
was a gentleman on the plane who had started a candy company and was
returning from a business trip. I noticed he was wearing a large juzu
around his neck. I asked him about it and he made some comment about
connecting to the positive vibrations of the universe through Buddhist
practice of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. I asked him if he was
practicing with a particular group and he stated he was not a a member
of any particular group. I introduced myself and told him I was the
lay president of the Nichiren Order of North America. When he said he
did not know what the was, a woman seated behind us informed him that
it was the "Nikken Sect". She started into a diatribe which I cut
short by informing her I was not referring to the Nichiren Shoshu nor
was I interested in hearing her bad mouth people. Needless to say her
outburst put a pall on the discussion but I and this gentleman did
have a short discussion about the Nichiren Shu and our practices.

My personal opinion is that there is a great deal of common ground
between Nichiren Buddhists outside of Japan and the farther we
maintain distance from the sectarian strife of the old Japanese
culture the better for us. It has taken me more than a little time to
evolve towards that opinion as I am a stubborn and cantankerous
person. The simple fact is we have far more in common than we have
different. On those issues where we cannot agree it is best to simply
agree to disagree and not engage in the bitter gamesmanship indulged
in by the Soka Gakkai.
r***@mchsi.com
2008-07-31 23:05:41 UTC
Jon,

I have had a series of doctrinal discussions with a former Hokkeko
member. We disagreed on some points, agreed on others. Had we agreed
on all points, the discussion would not have been particularly
interesting. Neither of us felt any enmity or had any desire to label
each other's views as twisted or diagnoe one another's life
condition.

The theme was whether it makes any real difference if we identify the
Timeless Buddha as Shakyamuni or Nichiren. His position, as I
understood it, was it is better to envision the Eternal Buddha as the
Impersonal Dharma. My view, as some might guess, is that is better to
regard Shakyamuni as the Buddha, and I gave 3 reasons. He agreed with
my reasons; but still prefers the impersonal Dharma; and also gave
three reasons. Other who chimed in indicated that the discussion was
informative and pleasent.

My point is that is possible to discuss doctrine; and disagree,
without enmity, accusations of slander, and curses. I think my views
and practices are the best, that is why I hold and do them. However, I
refuse to be attached to any fixed views.

At any rate, I suspect it is up to us to change the public image of
Nichiren Buddhism. Nichiren wrote Matsuno dono gohenji which includes
this line, "Take these teachings to heart, and always remember that
believers in the Lotus Sutra should absolutely be the last to abuse
each other. All those who keep faith in the Lotus Sutra are most
certainly Buddhas, and one who personally attacks a Buddha commits a
grave offense."
cmk
2008-08-22 18:45:54 UTC
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by Kurt
http://www.answers.com/topic/bigot- Hide quoted text -
I am happy to see an increasing number gravitating to Nichiren Shu. I
think they will find the authentic doctrine of Nichiren Shonin is
taught there; in an atmosphere that is tolerant and mainstream
Buddhist. For me personally, doctrine is important; and I simply can
not accept Nichikan's interpretations of Nichiren. If I thought they
were accurately based on Nichiren and Nikko's teachings; I would say
Nichiren and Nikko were wrong, Obviously, I think Nichikan
got it wrong.

No, you are not happy. Its a front you say you are happy people check
out the different organizanizations. You don't care or accept
everyone, you pick and choose, deny or accept what you FEEL like.

I was invited to Nichiren Shu, and when I took them up on it, they
declined and made accusations which are not true, although I am not a
criminal, or a problem.

Saying you want everyone to join or check it out is a big bunch of
PROPAGANDA.

SOME PEOPLE in this dispute are purely bothering the membership to see
where their loyalty lies and forcing them to join something or other
without ANY CARE of their personal lives or family. THEY JUST WANT
THEM TO QUIT SGI. I think the membership should be aware of this.

People should only join what they CHECK OUT to be for the GOOD of
their lives and others, as well as having something to do with REAL
KOSEN RUFU and that it goes along with THE GOSHO.

Most organizations do not follow the GOSHO.

cmk
juanjo

Your bluff is called.
juanjo
2008-08-25 03:19:01 UTC
Post by juanjo
Post by cmk
I was invited to Nichiren Shu, and when I took them up on it, they
declined and made accusations which are not true, although I am not a
criminal, or a problem.
Tell me who it was who invited you and who it was who declined to let
you in.  Tell me who made false accusations and what the false
accusations were.  I want to know where this happened and when.  I
will check this out and I can promise you that if it is true I will
personally chew that person[s] a new rear end.  Additionally I will be
happy to escort you to a Nichiren Shu function.  No one is going to
tell the president of NONA who he can bring to a function.
Your bluff is called.
Well I see you ignored the offer I made to you. I believe they call
r***@mchsi.com
2008-07-31 16:04:03 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Nice to see a fellow Myohoji member here. This is a pretty dead group
lately and pretty strange.
SGI don't even come here anymore, but stay in their moderated sites.
it's the dialogue thing :-)
I was just reminded of why I stay away; it has nothing to do with
hiding in moderated groups. Elsewhere, the incident you reported on
was confirmed, by an SGI member. That SGI members was not pleased, nor
were the other adults in his area.

gassho

robin
cmk
2008-08-24 20:19:42 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Nice to see a fellow Myohoji member here. This is a pretty dead group
lately and pretty strange.
SGI don't even come here anymore, but stay in their moderated sites.
it's the dialogue thing :-)
I am registered as SGI, and here. Moderated site, NO, here YES!

cmk
r***@mchsi.com
2008-07-31 12:35:22 UTC
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Does True Buddhism mean others are false buddhism? Why do you need
protect the Dharma?
These are just questions to ponder. I generally find Nichiren Shoshu
almost as putting as SGI, in a different way.

gassho with metta

robin
Cody
2008-07-31 13:51:50 UTC
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Does True Buddhism mean others are false buddhism?
Duh!
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Why do you need
protect the Dharma?
Explained quite well in the Gosho. I believe the "lamp of Buddhism" was
used.
Post by r***@mchsi.com
These are just questions to ponder. I generally find Nichiren Shoshu
almost as putting as SGI, in a different way.
gassho with metta
robin
Well, as a person who is stuck in learning and absorption and who thinks
he knows what he does not, it's not surprising you have a twisted view.

Cody
r***@mchsi.com
2008-07-31 15:23:36 UTC
Post by Cody
Post by r***@mchsi.com
These are just questions to ponder. I generally find Nichiren Shoshu
almost as putting as SGI, in a different way.
gassho with metta
robin
Well, as a person who is stuck in learning and absorption and who thinks
he knows what he does not, it's not surprising you have a twisted view.
Cody
Hi Michael. I hope you and yours are well and at ease.

gassho,

robin
j***@gmail.com
2008-08-02 16:18:24 UTC
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Why do you need
protect the Dharma?
Explained quite well in the Gosho. I believe the "lamp of Buddhism" was
used.
For your information, Buddhism, along with thousands, and millions,
and billions of other religions exist in our universe, every where, in
every direction and there are people practicing them, every where.
That they were hi upon here on this planet, is not extraordinary, and
is perfectly normal in view of the universal brain waves frequencies
information database, to which every one's brains and nervous systems,
including animals and plants, and molecules, which are also alive, but
a different type of life form than we are familiar with, are
connected, thus, people coming up with the same discoveries, and the
same technologies, and similar religions, and same religions on
different planets, and dreaming.There is no such thing as a lamp going
out.
Post by Cody
Post by r***@mchsi.com
These are just questions to ponder. I generally find Nichiren Shoshu
almost as putting as SGI, in a different way.
gassho with metta
robin
Well, as a person who is stuck in learning and absorption and who thinks
he knows what he does not, it's not surprising you have a twisted view.
Cody
Aren't we a mean and nasty person.

Jonjon
j***@gmail.com
2008-08-04 00:09:20 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Cody
Post by r***@mchsi.com
These are just questions to ponder. I generally find Nichiren Shoshu
almost as putting as SGI, in a different way.
gassho with metta
robin
Well, as a person who is stuck in learning and absorption and who thinks
he knows what he does not, it's not surprising you have a twisted view.
Cody
Aren't we a mean and nasty person.
Jonjon
I have a typo in the above note. Sorry. I said,
Post by j***@gmail.com
That they were hi upon here on this planet, is not extraordinary,
It should read,
That they were hit upon here on this planet, is not extraordinary"
which means, that people rediscovered them here on this planet, and
of course, there is nothing strange about that, at all.

Jonjon
Kurt
2008-08-01 02:23:00 UTC
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Does True Buddhism mean others are false buddhism? Why do you need
protect the Dharma?
These are just questions to ponder. I generally find Nichiren Shoshu
almost as putting as SGI, in a different way.
gassho with metta
robin
Proof of the SGI is in the pudding. Look at what your leadership is
doing. Soka Spirit as it is being practiced is the spirit of the SGI
religion.
r***@mchsi.com
2008-08-01 23:30:39 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Does True Buddhism mean others are false buddhism? Why do you need
protect the Dharma?
These are just questions to ponder. I generally find Nichiren Shoshu
almost as putting as SGI, in a different way.
gassho with metta
robin
Proof of the SGI is in the pudding. Look at what your leadership is
doing. Soka Spirit as it is being practiced is the spirit of the SGI
religion.
Hi Kurt,

I publicly disassociated from Soka Gakkai a few months ago. I am a
generic Nichiren Buddhist, non-aligned, as of now.

gassho with metta

robin
Kurt
2008-08-02 02:35:16 UTC
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
I have too many longtime friends in the SGI and it's hard for me to
reconcile how they feel about the direction the current leadership is
taking them. We always try to keep it civil, kind of a "don't ask, don't
tell" policy.
I have one friend, a medical doctor, who is preparing to give a medical
lecture at the upcoming SGI Healing Arts convention or gathering. She is
a mature health professional with 30+ years of practice.
I would never bring up these recent SS incidents in conversation because
it is a touchy subject, but you know that mid-level leadership (where
she is) has to know about it.
I don't know how the intelligent ones reconcile it.
Really disturbing.
Thomas Van Woezik
2008-08-10 01:08:18 UTC
Hello Robin;
Your "Public disassociation" from the Ka-Ka-Kai only a few months
ago,does never remove all the deep stains you have acquired with all the
years of your previous non-generic-gang affiliation.As a fresh generic
Nichiren Buddhist now ,you must have an easy time to feel like a
happy-free-loose alley-dog. You might have gotten rid of all your
biological Fleas,but now your stained-smell will attract more
general-Ticks! You need a lot of gassho with metta in your daily meals
with ticks. Maybe your courage to run loose will increase your smell in
your sharp nose a little more the next decades. Is your nose located
behind your eyes and mouth on the back of your cranium?
DdD.
cmk
2008-08-24 20:37:14 UTC
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Listen, NST critisized SGI first, and you critisize SGI for their
stand about it?

Silly...

cmk
juanjo
2008-08-25 03:22:43 UTC
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
An argument heard on school playgrounds anywhere in the world. "He
started it first" It is annoying among second graders and it is
unacceptable among adults, especially Buddhists.
Julian
2008-08-25 07:54:08 UTC
Post by juanjo
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Unacceptable amongst Buddhists?

ROTFLMAO

Your so called "Buddhism," patently, does not work!
juanjo
2008-08-25 16:21:52 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
more childish behaviour from a Soka Gakkai diehard. But it is to be
expected from those who are deeply invested in the SGI manner of doing
things. I respect you Julian and i do not despise you, someday you
too will be a Buddha.
Julian
2008-08-25 16:27:53 UTC
Post by juanjo
Post by Julian
Post by juanjo
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
"more childish behaviour from a Soka Gakkai diehard." is an expression
of respect?

Like with your so called "Buddhism" you also use a version of English
with which I am not familiar.

And another thing... I never even joined SGI let alone "invested" in it.
juanjo
2008-08-26 23:21:00 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by Julian
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
Julian, I am not going to play that game anymore. It is not
conducive to your practice nor mine.
Julian
Eureka!
M***@rochester.rr.com
2008-09-02 22:30:01 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by Julian
Post by cmk
Post by Kurt
In article
Post by r***@mchsi.com
Post by R***@gmail.com
[...]
And another thing...  I never even joined SGI let alone "invested" in it.- Hide quoted text -
Julian, I am reluctant to point this out because I have learned to
respect you but you are a wee bit "invested" (and not in the stock
market sense) in the SGI, aren't you? I have never seen you criticize
anyone from the SGI or the SGI itself in more than ten years but you
are rather free in your criticizm of other Nichiren Buddhists,
especially when they are critical of the SGI. So what are we to think
about you? Just a wise independent with a Nichikan Gohonzon? A
brilliant but fatally flawed disciple of Ikeda Sensei? You are hardly
dispassionate and impartial when it comes to the SGI. In the vast
arena of your mind, something is missing. I think you are just using
up your discount brainwash coupons at the local SGI brainwash.

Mark

Mark
Julian
I was recruited by NSUK and I will always be grateful.
revbem
2008-09-03 17:19:06 UTC
I was recruited by NSUK and I will always be grateful.- Hide quoted text -
from a another newsgroup:

The Soka Gakkai is a network marketing scheme. Ikeda is both the CEO
and the product they are marketing.
-( written in reply to the post below)-
The actual SGI doctrine is reflected in the following statement made
on the SGI anti-Kempon Hokke Shu (KHS) web site. On a page concerning
"Although LS and Gosho are great teachings, they are limited to
certain countries (Asian countries) and certain era (India 6
centuries BC, or 13th century Japan). It may need some explanations
and interpretations in applying their principles to modern times and
to other countries, such as Western countries and Africa. The person
who is doing this unprecedented task is SGI President Ikeda. With
his Ichinen and wisdom, Nichiren Daishonin's teachings has spread
to 14 million people in 128 countries. President Ikeda is the mentor
for our Buddhist practice. There is no other person in the world who
can do this. . . . KHS members assert that LS and Gosho can be
understood clearly by reading and interpreting as they are. This is
an arrogant attitude. When someone falls into arrogance that he/she
can understand everything by him/herself, the individual growth
stops and he/she will fail to attain enlightenment. Buddhism is
profound. No matter how many years we practice, still we always
make new discoveries when we read Sensei's lectures and speeches."
Julian
2008-09-03 17:44:03 UTC
They never asked for nor received a penny from me.
Kurt
2008-09-03 19:35:19 UTC
Post by Julian
Post by revbem
I was recruited by NSUK and I will always be grateful.- Hide quoted text -
The Soka Gakkai is a network marketing scheme.
They never asked for nor received a penny from me.
Ever? Let's be truthful. You never made any form of monetary donation to
the SGI for anything?

In the US, they ask every May for contributions and have a specific
contribution campaign. You never read an SGI publication encouraging
membership (you) to contribute?

Besides that, it's not relevant to the point.
Julian
2008-09-04 00:05:56 UTC
Post by Kurt
Post by Julian
Post by revbem
I was recruited by NSUK and I will always be grateful.- Hide quoted text -
The Soka Gakkai is a network marketing scheme.
They never asked for nor received a penny from me.
Ever? Let's be truthful. You never made any form of monetary donation to
the SGI for anything?
I believe there was a small fee, paid on my behalf,
associated with my receiving Gohonzon.
Post by Kurt
In the US, they ask every May for contributions and have a specific
contribution campaign. You never read an SGI publication encouraging
membership (you) to contribute?
I was aware that one could contribute but it was voluntary and
similar to a plate being passed round in Church but private.
b***@MIX.COM
2008-09-08 02:01:52 UTC
Post by revbem
[...]
Bullshit. Buddhism is hardly impenetrably obscure to anyone, anywhere.

Worse, claiming it is for the sake of financial gain just plain sucks...
Post by revbem
KHS members assert that LS and Gosho can be
understood clearly by reading and interpreting as they are. This is
an arrogant attitude.
...not to mention thoroughly warps the minds of the claimants.

Billy Y..
b***@MIX.COM
2008-08-25 04:21:55 UTC
Post by cmk
Listen, NST critisized SGI first, and you critisize SGI for their
stand about it?
Nittatsu told Ikeda that the Gakkai was wrong in placing Ikeda
ahead of Buddhism, first in the early 1970s. Ikeda said he would
change his evil ways, but never did. The Gakkai was wrong then,
and remained wrong in the late 1970s, when it came up again,
because the Gakkai had done nothing but work on being yet more
wrong.

Now, the Gakkai are nothing but full-blown arrogant fools.
Post by cmk
Silly...
Call it whatever you'd like - that doesn't change the fact that
you are simply full of shit.

Billy Y..
cmk
2008-08-14 09:38:31 UTC
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Ture Buddhism? We practice Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism.

No need for me to ask anyone to further investigate NST, I know I have
found NST alot different than SGI. So have others who were buried
over there. :X !!!!

cmk
Cody
2008-08-14 11:30:04 UTC
Post by cmk
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
Ture Buddhism?
Do you know what a "typo" is?
Post by cmk
We practice Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism.
No, you don't.
Post by cmk
No need for me to ask anyone to further investigate NST, I know I have
found NST alot different than SGI.
Yep, SGI is a dangerous cult that believes in war and NST is True
Buddhism that will lead to world peace.
Post by cmk
So have others who were buried
over there. :X !!!!
cmk
Everybody dies, Denise.

Cody
cmk
2008-09-09 09:54:03 UTC
Post by R***@gmail.com
As a practicing buddhist who is a member of the Nichiren Shoshu
Myohoji Temple in West Hollywood, CA, I warmly invite all Soka Gakkai
members to investigate the differences between the coercive tactics of
their leadership and the practice of ture buddhism that we embrace and
protect.
So, you are insulting SGI members AGAIN???? "Coercive tactics." Put
a picture up here of SGI members and their "coercive tactics" and
someone MAY believe you...LOL

cmk
juanjo
I have to give this woman credit for her single mindedness.
Kurt