The Appearance of the Nichiren Shoshu Crane Emblem _|
Nikken: ''Gohonzon in sanctuary is fake. Seen as a result of handwriting analysis ...,'' Kawabe Journal p. 51, 2-7-78
2005-09-09 09:42:48 UTC
The Appearance of the Nichiren Shoshu Crane Emblem _

I am astonished that folks don't appear to be interested in the
historical circumstances previous to and surrounding the Shogunate of
the Tokugawas, High Priest Nissei 17th, and the Nichiren Shoshu's
(founded in 1912) emblem, the Crane. Or in the Theory of the True
Meaning of the Nichiren Shoshu Crane Emblem. Who knows, interest may
resurface in these two topics ... (it has, now)

Would anyone like to discuss the theory of the appearance of the crane?

Why the crane emblem has that characteristic look?

Read below, peregrinate your way to that section, read, then make a
comment, please. I really wrote this for y'all, please give it a
chance.

. http://hometown.aol.com/charlestmf/index.html

Once again, this would seem to have some passing significance, since
Nichiren Shoshu has wrapped Gohonzon in their crane emblem, and all
your Butsugu and Butsudan. It must be an important symbol, of
significance to people's faith. Otherwise, why would people cling to it
so ferociously? Ask yourself why?

-Chas.
___________________________________
From "The Entity of the Mystic Law", Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p.
424 ...

Question: What is that profound significance?

Answer: In this passage, Shakyamuni Buddha explains that he is
entrusting the five characters of Myoho-rengekyo, which is the essence
of the Lotus Sutra, to the Bodhisattvas of the Earth, his original
disciples. The Thus Come One Shakyamuni, who attained enlightenment
countless kalpas in the past, says elsewhere, "What I long ago hoped
for has now been fulfilled. I have converted all living beings and
caused them all to enter the Buddha way." [Note 28: Lotus Sutra, chap.
2.] Thus, he has already fulfilled his earlier vow. Then, intending to
charge his disciples with the task of accomplishing widespread
propagation in the last five-hundred-year period after his passing, he
called forth the Bodhisattvas of the Earth and entrusted them with the
heart of the sutra, the lotus of the entity of the essential teaching.
This passage represents the ultimate purpose for which Shakyamuni
Buddha appeared in the world, the secret Law that he attained in the
place of meditation. It is this passage that gives proof of the lotus
of the entity that, for those of us who live in the Latter Day of the
Law, assures the attainment of Buddhahood in both the present and
future.

This collection:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author%3Ab6c5d4e3f7%40aol.com+%7C+author%3Ab6c5d4e3f8%40aol.com+%7C+author%3Ab6c5d4e3f9%40aol.com+%7C+author%3Ab6c5d4e3f1%40aol.com&num=100&scoring=d
Brian Rahilly
2005-09-09 11:45:59 UTC
in article ***@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Bratcher's
Sho Hondo: ''We were in awe as the 65 foot high Butsudan doors opened,
revealing the golden house of the Dai-Gohonzon.'' 4-8-97 at
What you do is not called debate because there are no rhetorical rules,
and no ways of establishing a point of reference that anyone could
agree upon.
Chas, like what happened to my generous offer??????????
Well the inference is that you want to debate but think that something
prevents it from happening. So, say what that impediment is, establish what
a debate should be, and let's have one based on your posting of Dr. Hough's
article. Once again, what could be more reasonable?
Brian
Well, the problem is I don't like your offered rules (submitting to
your authority) and you do not like mine (something new for us to
discuss, with your own expert judge).
So, let's just argue about whatever you want, no debate rules (since we
cannot agree upon them, as I've always said).
So, make your case. And I will defeat your Zen logic. And no time
limits on my responses, you will have to be patient to argue with me,
and wait your turn.
-Chas.
Chas,

Your attention to detail is wanting. I never offered any rules and
consequently never asked you to to submit to any. If I had a choice, I
wouldn't want to argue with you either as you live in a uniquely chasian
world. Even your sgi colleagues are perplexed by what you say. You are
alone.

You posted here an article concerning Dr. Hough. Along with it you added
your interpretation of what he said. You evidently thought it worthy to
publish the thoughts of this man on arbn in another attack on NS. What would
be interesting is to have Dr. Hough look at what you said and to have his
reaction.

I could be possible to simply forward to him his original article along with
your attached remarks. The question would be neutrally put. "How do you
respond?".

If you find this offensive or wildly inappropriate, then suggest another
reasonable way to accomplish this. Perhaps you may seek the advice of a
member of the gakkai.

Brian
Joe Steve Swick III
2005-09-10 04:01:03 UTC
___Charles Johnson___
Nichiren Shoshu has wrapped Gohonzon in their crane emblem, and all your
Butsugu and Butsudan. It must be an important symbol, of significance to
people's faith.
-----

Yes, it is -- as a symbol of longevity, health and prosperity.

Sheesh.

JSW
Reginald Carpenter
2005-09-22 22:46:51 UTC
Good day, everyone! Re. "JSS III" posting on 9/10/05, 4:01am CDT+5.

Re: The Appearance of the Nichiren Shoshu Crane Emblem _|

Group: alt.religion.buddhism.nichiren

#1.
Sheesh.
JSW
I have posted & reposted many times in the past on Arbn just what the
"Crane emblem" is in the Nichiren Shoshu religion, both as a symbol of
the "quality of life" - good fortune in life that you cited above and as
a representation of the duality & relationship of certain elements of
life & philosophy in Buddhism which can be defined as "the study of
life" -- the Buddha =3D life and "ism" =3D the study of, of course.

FYI - basically, both of the cranes are "butsugu" - metal articles/
statuettes displayed in a "butsudan" - cabinet, and they originally
represent the attributes possessed by two (2) of the principal Buddhist
gods/ deities adopted from Hinduism into Indian Buddhism, commonly known
as "Brahma (male) & Indra" (female).
So, in Japanese Buddhism, they are/ were given the additional attribute
of being "Nio" - guardians of Buddhist altars, places of worship.
But, that IDIOTic SEXually PERVERTed FIEND - - "Chas", alias "Charles
Johnson" -- only wants to keep on jamming Arbn readers with his demented
ideas that the appearance of the Crane emblem is a female's genital
orifice and that it originated from a certain female patron of the
pre-existing Nichiren Shoshu priesthood.

However, since he's such an arrogant & ignorant, LYING-ass, low life
conditioned DUMB-ass, "Chas" really does NOT "have a clue" -- know how,
or who, what, when, where or why the Crane emblem came to be the symbol
of the Nichiren Shoshu. And, Stoney (me) just won't tell him any thing
more about that, so he just keeps Up his spamming. You can just ignore
that FOOL! - sez "Mr T." LOL. WorldPeace! } : < { 0

<<< Stone Eagle >>>
Airborne in Cyberspace*
robek
Shoshu, and Nichiren Honshu.
Reginald Carpenter

Date: Sat, Sep 10, 2005, 4:01am (CDT+5) From: ***@earthlink.net
(Joe=A0Steve=A0Swick=A0III)

___Charles Johnson___
Nichiren Shoshu has wrapped Gohonzon in their crane emblem, and all your
Butsugu and Butsudan. It must be an important symbol, of significance to
people's faith.
-----
Yes, it is -- as a symbol of longevity, health and prosperity. <<< #1.
Sheesh.
JSW