More Horror Stories
m***@gmail.com
2013-07-01 19:54:06 UTC
This is regarding the FBI indictment of SGI star Walter L. Williams on charges including having sex with children. Brownworth notes that "both the FBI and the Los Angeles Police Department have described Williams as a serial predator."
According to his CV, Williams advised global, multibillion-dollar Buddhist group Soka Gakkai International on human rights issues for a traveling exhibit. Williams was given the SGI-sponsored Gandhi King Ikeda Award in 2006.

Williams's decades-long membership in SGI was not mentioned. According to Brownworth: Williams and [Richard] Arlington were both members of a small group called the Buddhist Universal Association of Los Angeles, which, FBI spokeswoman Eimiller said espoused an ideology of "extreme sexual freedoms."
In addition to being a member of a fringe cult, Williams has been deeply involved in the largest Buddhist organization in the world, which he joined in 1986. In an essay explaining why he wrote the book The Teachings of Jesus, Williams mentions:

"...In 1987, when I won a Fulbright Scholar Award from the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars. The Council sent me to do research in Indonesia. Once I arrived there, the Soka Gakkai put me in touch with their organization's branch in Indonesia, and they provided me with many beneficial contacts." If, as the FBI alleges, Williams used his research as a pretext to meet and have sex with boys, the possibility that Soka Gakkai might have put him in contact with any of those boys is chilling.
m***@gmail.com
2013-07-01 19:57:04 UTC
In addition....

Walter L. Williams, was a former USC professor and influential Soka Gakkai member, who was arrested in Mexico according to news reports. Williams was wanted by the FBI for sexual exploitation of children, among other charges.
Williams is a prominent member of SGI-USA. According to an essay he wrote about his faith, he joined Soka Gakkai in 1986. According to the Los Angeles Times, Williams kicked off Soka University's spring human rights lecture series on February 27, 1996 with a talk on same-sex marriage.

Williams received the Gandhi King Ikeda Award in 2006. In his prepared remarks, Williams cited the influence of SGI President Daisaku Ikeda:

"...Under Ikeda's influence my focus now is on the positive. I try to minimize the lower life conditions in my life, like greed, anger and stupidity, and try to maximize the higher life conditions by promoting learning, creativity, and compassion. It is only by this process, Ikeda says, that a person can achieve fulfillment in life."
m***@gmail.com
2013-07-01 20:45:53 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
http://www.morehouse.edu/about/chapel/peace_exhibit/index.html